31. to advantage 有利的,使优点更加突出地.
32. have an advantage over 胜过. have the advantage of 由于…处于有利条件 have the advantage of sb.知道某人所不知道的事
33. take advantage of (=make the best of, utilize, make use of, profit from, harness)利用.
34. agree with 赞同(某人意见) agree to 同意
35. in agreement (with) 同意, 一致
36. ahead of 在…之前, 超过…;……………. ahead of time 提前.
37. in the air 1)不肯定, 不具体. 2)在谣传中.
38. above all (=especially, most important of all) 尤其是, 最重要的.
39. in all (=counting everyone or everything, altogether) 总共, 总计
40. after all 毕竟,到底; (not) at all 一点也不; all at once(=suddenly)突然; once and for all 只此一次; above all 最重要的; first of all 首先; all in all 大体上说; be all in 累极了; all but 几乎.
41. allow for (=take into consideration, take into account) 考虑到, 估计到 .
42. amount to (=to be equal to) 总计, 等于.
43. answer for (undertake responsibility for, be liable for, take charge for) 对…负责.
44. answer to (=conform to) 适合,符合.
45. be anxious about 为…焦急不安; 或anxious for
46. apologize to sb. for sth. 为…向…道歉
47. appeal to sb. for sth. 为某事向某人呼吁. appeal to sb. 对某人有吸引力
48. apply to sb. for sth. 为…向…申请 ; apply for申请; apply to 适用.
49. apply to 与…有关;适用
50. approve of (=consent to, be in favor of, favor, agree to, consider good, right) 赞成, approve vt. 批准
51. arise from(=be caused by) 由…引起.
52. arrange for sb.sth. to do sth. 安排…做…
53. arrive on 到达; arrive at 到达某地(小地方);得出,作出; arrive in 到达某地(大地方);
54. be ashamed of (=feel shame, guilt or sorrow because of sth. done) 以… 为羞耻
55. assure sb. of sth. (=try to cause to believe or trust in sth.) 向…保证, 使…确信.
56. attach(to) (=to fix, fasten; join) 缚, 系 ,结
57. make an attempt at doing sth. (to do sth.) 试图做…
58. attend to (=give one’s attention, care and thought)注意,照顾;attend on(upon)(=wait upon, serve, look after) 侍候,照料
59. attitude to toward …对…的态度.看法
60. attribute…to…(=to believe sth. to be the result of…)把..归因于.., 认为..是..的结果